The Crime Prevention Innovation Fund grants is part of the Building Safer Communities Program which includes grants and a series of community forums across Victoria.
Grants of between $25,000 and $300,000 are available to councils, not for profit community organisations and other specialist organisations for partnership projects that deliver and evaluate innovative community safety and crime prevention initiatives.
$25,000 to $300,000 per project over two years.
Who can apply?
Victorian councils and not-for-profit organisations that are a legal entity are eligible to apply. Research bodies and commercial entities (such as consultancies, universities or social enterprises) can also apply but must partner with a council or community organisation on their application.
What can be funded?
Funding is available for a range of innovative projects that address the above objectives.
This includes but is not limited to:
- demonstration projects to test and evaluate new approaches to preventing crime that consider how benefits may be sustained beyond the funding period
- the development of practical tools and resources to improve the understanding and/or management of crime and community safety related issues
- initiatives that work with and engage diverse communities or groups (such as cultural or religious groups, women, young people or members of the LGBTQI community) to identify, test and document practical strategies that build resilience and improve safety and perceptions of safety
- initiatives that establish or strengthen partnerships across community, business, sport, government services and other sectors to address the causes of offending and crime and build community cohesion and safety.
The following resources may assist with the development of the Crime Prevention Innovation Fund applications:
- Resources for developing evidence-based crime prevention initiatives
- Fact sheet: Theory of Change
- Engaging Victoria Police in your project
- Local Data and Statistics
- Evaluation Toolkit
- Crime prevention project management tips
An information session for Round 2 of the Crime Prevention Innovation Fund was held online on Wednesday 1 December.
The session included an overview of the grants stream, and information on writing a quality application, designing an effective crime prevention project, and urban design for crime prevention.
Applications are now open and will close at 4pm on Friday 11 February 2022.
If after reading the guidelines you still have questions about the grants, please contact the Grants Information Line on 1300 221 249 (for the cost of a local call on any weekday between 8.30am and 5pm except for public holidays).
You can also contact the Community Crime Prevention Unit by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience technical difficulties when writing or submitting your application online, please contact SmartyGrants Support by phone (03) 9320 6888 or email: email@example.com