Applications for the Community Safety Fund are now open.
The closing date for applications has been extended to 4.00pm Friday 25 October 2019.
Who can apply?
Victorian councils and community groups are eligible to apply.
Government agencies, including Victoria Police, schools and educational institutions are not eligible to apply, but may be partners in a project.
Funding of up to $10,000 (GST ex.) is available for stream 1 projects, and funding of up to $25,000 (GST ex.) is available for stream 2 projects.
Types of projects that may be funded
- security equipment and infrastructure such as locks, vandal-proof security lighting, security screens, alarms (without video surveillance), fencing and gates
- activities engaging the community in small-scale, physical improvements and upgrades to public spaces such as streetscapes, parks and reserves to improve community use of these areas
- education and awareness initiatives focused on home safety, theft of and from motor vehicles, theft of personal property in public places, theft from businesses and supporting the understanding of the Victorian justice system.
Tips for applying
This short video also contains useful tips on how to prepare a Community Safety Fund application.
The following resources provide useful information for developing a crime prevention and community safety project.
Stream 1 resources:
- Improving lighting to prevent crime
- Security alarms as a crime prevention
- Fencing as a crime prevention tool
Stream 2 resources:
We have also developed an extensive list of resources and websites which may help to inform your education and awareness campaigns, as well as provide key information about the specific crime prevention and safety themes these grants support.
If you are considering applying for a Stream 2 grant to deliver a project to support understanding of the justice system, you are encouraged to contact the Department of Justice and Community Safety to discuss your ideas before you submit your application. Contact the department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For general enquiries about these grants, email email@example.com or phone 1300 221 249.
For technical issues when applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9320 6888 when the grants are open.