The Community Safety Fund provides grants of up to $10,000 for community groups and councils to implement locally-based, practical crime prevention initiatives.
The grants support projects such as:
- security equipment for community facilities
- small-scale, physical improvements and upgrades to public spaces to improve community perceptions of safety and use of these areas
- targeted crime prevention education and awareness activities.
An individual project may include multiple approaches to a crime prevention issue.
Grant funding is available under two streams:
- Improving safety and security
- targeted crime prevention education and awareness initiatives.