The Building Safer Communities Program has replaced the previous grants programs: Public Safety Infrastructure Fund, Community Safety Fund and Graffiti Prevention Grants.
The new grants will be delivered through the Community Crime Prevention Program and provide Victorian councils, community organisations and other stakeholders the opportunity to apply for grant funding to support innovative, evidence-based approaches to address crime and improve community safety.
The Building Safer Communities Program supports projects that foster a community partnership approach to improving community cohesion and safety. Find out more about the grants as part of the Building Safer Communities Program.
The Community Safety Fund provides grants of up to $10,000 for community groups and councils to implement locally-based, practical crime prevention initiatives.
The grants support projects such as:
- security equipment for community facilities
- small-scale, physical improvements and upgrades to public spaces to improve community perceptions of safety and use of these areas
- targeted crime prevention education and awareness activities.
An individual project may include multiple approaches to a crime prevention issue.
Grant funding is available under two streams:
- Improving safety and security
- targeted crime prevention education and awareness initiatives.