Applications for Round 2 of the Creating Safer Places grants are now closed.
The Creating Safer Places grants is part of the Building Safer Communities Program which includes grants and a series of community forums across Victoria.
Grants of between $25,000 and $300,000 are available to councils to undertake urban design projects that apply an inclusive environmental design approach to deter crime, increase safety and activate public places.
The following resources may assist with the development of the Creating Safer Places applications:
- Urban Design and Crime fact sheets
- Resources for developing evidence-based crime prevention initiatives
- Fact sheet: Applying a placemaking approach
- Measuring Perceptions of Crime and Safety survey tool
- Crime prevention project management tips
- Engaging Victoria Police in your project
- Fact sheet: Theory of Change
- Evaluation Toolkit
- Local Data and Statistics
- Fact sheet: Applying for funding to install CCTV
If you have any questions, please contact Justice Grants by email: email@example.com